When: Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013
From: 10 am – 12 noon as follows:
10-10:30 – Daisies
10:30-11 – Brownies
11-11:30 – Juniors
11:30-12 – Cadettes/Seniors/Ambassadors (older girls may also come early to help hang ornaments on the top portion of the tree)
Cost: $1.00 per girl for a tree decorating patch (given out at event)
TREE TRIMMING TIPS:
- Please have your ornaments made in advance with big sturdy hooks.
- Include your Troop #, “2013” & girl’s first name so we can reflect on them in the coming years. (Individuals are also welcome.)
- Please no glass or breakable ornaments – it’s terribly sad to see a girl’s ornament break while trying to hang it on the tree L
- No time to make ornaments?? No worries! We have lots from past years that you can help hang!
- Please come at specified times as listed above so we have an even flow of girls during the event and not a mob all at once. Daisy & Brownie troops will be able to hang ornaments on lower portions of the tree, while Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors & Ambassadors can hang ornaments from the upper level of Courthouse Foyer.
- Please enter from the west side parking lot. This will be the only door that will be unlocked.
- Each troop is asked to bring a dozen cookies to share with other tree trimmers so the girls have a snack while there.
- There will also be a collection bin for the Humane Society for items such as dog/cat food, toys, old blankets or towels!
- Unfortunately, we hear Santa will be snowed in at the North Pole and will be unable to join us this year.
- QUESTIONS?? Please contact Lisa at 239-2132.
PLEASE CLIP AND BRING THE BOTTOM PORTION TO THE TREE DECORATING
WITH YOUR PAYMENT TO COLLECT YOUR PATCHES:
Troop # _____________ Leader: _______________________________________________
Phone: ___________________________ Email: ____________________________________
Number of Girls attending __________ x $1.00 = $_________________ (amount attached)
Also: Mark your calendar for the next Girl Scout volunteer & leader meeting on Monday, Dec. 9 from 7 – 8:30 pm at the Missoula Valley Church on Higgins by Paxson School and Grizzly Grocery!